- A tool for learning science by exploring and experimenting.
- 50 documented experiments and easy to add more.
- Wide range, High school and above.
- Built-in Signal Generator and CRO.
- USB Powered.
- 12bit analog resolution.
- Microsecond timing resolution.
- Open Hardware & Free Software.
- Software in Python language.
- Compact, 8.6x5.8x1.6 cm, 60 gm.
- Low Cost , Accurate measurements
- Software available on Bootable ISO image.
(Feb-2013: Old version discontinued. Click Here to know why)
ExpEYES is from the PHOENIX project of Inter-University Accelerator Centre,New Delhi. It is a hardware & software framework for developing science experiments, demonstrations and projects without getting in to the details of electronics or computer programming. It converts your PC into a science laboratory. PHOENIX (Physics with Home-made Equipment and Innovative Experiments) project was started, in 2005 as a part of IUAC's outreach program, with the objectives of developing affordable laboratory equipment and training teachers. Design of ExpEYES combines the real-time measurement capability of micro-controllers with the ease and flexibility of Python programming language for data analysis and visualisation. It also functions as a test equipment for electronics hobbyists and engineering students. Software for all products from PHOENIX are distributed under GNU General Public License. The hardware designs are open and royalty-free commercial production is allowed.
|expEYES User's manual||Hardware Availability||Videos||expEYES Junior User's manual|
|& Programmer's manual||Download Software||Design details||& Programmer's manual|
Experiments (User's Manual has more details but no photographs)
Contact: Ajith Kumar B.P. (ajith at iuac.res.in)